Monday, January 10, 2011

Big kids and little kids

Growing up in San Diego County, the concept of a "snow day" meant driving to Big Bear or Palomar Mountain and spending the day enjoying the powdery white stuff we never saw down in the valley.

Fast forward to this morning. As Addie and I ascended the stairs, I noticed that the backyard was no longer visible and had been replaced by the white blanket I'd always dreamed of seeing as a kid. After raising the blinds so Addie could see what had come down overnight and continued to fall, I couldn't help but think she and I were having some of the same thoughts of awe and imagination go through our heads.

Below are some pictures and video of our first-ever snow day together...with cousin Alek showing us how it's done.













































2 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

So fun! You guys have the perfect sledding backyard, man. Love it!

Unknown said...

umm, yea... ARIZONA looks weird covered in snow!