Thursday, August 28, 2008

Taming the Tucson Sun


Well friends and family, it is day four for me out in the desert. Hopefully all of you know by now that I took a job at the University of Arizona, doing a similar job to the ones I've had before. This time, I get to focus on a few sports instead of working with all of them. There are four full-time staffers, a paid intern and a bunch of student-workers...a far cry from the one-man show I'd been producing for the better part of 10 years. This job has truly been a blessing so far. The people I work with are very much the same temperament as me, my boss is a laid-back, just get your work done kind of guy, which suits me fine. I still get lost working my way around the maze that is the McKale Center, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out soon. The hardest part is being away from my little girl for an entire week, knowing that she's growing and changing so much. At least I get to hear her little voice on the phone and look at her pictures until I get home on Sunday morning. Please pray for my late-night drive home Saturday night/Sunday morning. I won't leave Tucson until close to midnight, and I'll be so anxious to get home and hug and kiss my girls.

2 comments:

sweet_p07 said...

Your girls are doing great. Addie is getting cuter (and longer!) every day. I know she will be so happy to see you! You can make it till Sunday. Matt and I are praying for your drive. Love you

phipps said...

im sure it has been rough for all three of you. i know the family has been trying to visit kara as much as possible. i will pray for your safe drive home this weekend. love you!