Monday, June 23, 2008

Reality Strikes


No matter how tired we are after a few days at home, I would never trade a moment away from our Addie Jean. However, I'm not sure anything prepares first-time parents for the fatigue and messed-up sleep pattern that comes during the first few weeks of her life. We thought we had her on a nice schedule, but of course that only lasted for a night. Her regular feeding pattern gave way to scattered, varying eating times and lengths. Then again, when you see your little treasure lying there so peaceful with a fully belly and hear her breathing while she lays on your chest, it's all worth it.

Here are a few more pictures and a video from us going home from the hospital.




5 comments:

sweet_p07 said...

She is so precious. I can't wait to see all of you again. Let me know if I can bring anything to you. LOVE you

phipps said...

you guys are an amazing little family. i love you!

The Montgomerys said...

yay!! she is so cute. i can't stop talking about her.

Heidi Joe said...

I cannot get over how precious she is... whoa.

And is it me, or is she EXACTLY the same size as a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi? Uncanny!

Love you guys. Hang in there with the sleep and schedules!

Evelyn said...

She is just so dang cute. I hope you guys get at least some sleep. Enjoy her, she will grown before you know it!